Oracle releases critical patch updates on a quarterly basis. This quarter they have posted their highest number of quarterly patches to date, 127. Included in these patches are 51 Java fixes. This marks the first time Oracle has updated Java with it’s other products.
October’s quarterly release includes patches for:
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Oracle Applications – E-Business Suite
- Oracle Applications – Oracle Supply Chain, PeopleSoft Enterprise, Siebel and iLearning Products Suite
- Oracle FLEXCUBE Products Suite
- Oracle Health Sciences Products Suite
- Oracle Retail Products Suite
- Oracle Primavera Products Suite
- Oracle Java
- Oracle MySQL
Oracle Critical Patch Updates are released on the Tuesday closest to the 17th day of January, April, July and October. This is the last update for 2013. Release dates for 2014 are; January 14, 2014; April 15, 2014; July 15, 2014; and October 14, 2014.
Remember security patches only work if they are applied.
One thought on “Oracle Posts 127 Security Patches”